Batik Black Hmong Textile – Peach Blossoms
Out of stock
100% authentic and uniquely handpainted using a batik technique by Black Hmong people in Vietnam. This weave is a one-of-a-kind piece; only 1 in stock of this exact design. It is vintage and was previously used as a baby carrier.
Batiking is a method where the artisan buys white fabric from a local market, washes it several times, handpaints beeswax onto the fabric to create their own special design, dyes the fabric in indigo for 3 weeks to 6 months depending on how dark they want the color to be, and then put it in hot water so the wax will come out. At that point, the design is complete.
This will soon be a lost art form, as only older generations know how to hand-paint the fabrics, and the younger generations are only learning sewing, weaving and embroidering.
- What can you make? Cushions/pillows, placemats, handbags, wallets, shoes…. it’s up to you!
- Dimensions & weight: The dimensions are 16 inches x 16 inches, including the red trim, and medium weight material
- Colors: Dark blue, red, yellow & white
- Material: Vintage cotton material with slight signs of use and ageing. For more details write us.
- Cleaning & care tips: We recommend hand washing all of our weaves. They can be soaked separately (to avoid color spreading) in a warm water and detergent mixture with a bit of color-safe bleach if necessary. Then hang out to dry. Avoid scrubbing and direct sunlight.
Shipping is a $15 flat rate. As we are located in Vietnam, weaves can take up to 14 business days to deliver internationally. If you need it sooner please contact us.
For wholesale enquiries, please email us.